Original Construction: 1875
Restoration Completed: 2011
Project Cost: $10.5 million
Scale: 59,800 sq. ft.
Services Provided: Architect of Record; Historic Preservation Consultant; Federal Historic Tax Credit; Ohio Historic Preservation Tax Credit
The High Street Commercial Block is located along downtown Hamilton’s historic Main Street. The Block includes three buildings constructed between 1874 and 1878. Each building in the block is three stories in height with varied footprints, massing, and architectural details. The facades are sandstone and exhibit elements of Italianate and First Renaissance Revival Styles. As a block, the buildings retain almost all historic wood and metal windows. This 59,800 sq. ft. project was renovated into 31 apartment units and three commercial office spaces.