Old Stone Church
Original Construction: 1884
Original Architect: Charles Schweinfurth
Restoration Completed: 1999
Project Cost: $2.5 million
Scale: 7,900 sq. ft.
Services Provided: Preservation Architect, Architect of Record, Code Compliance, Interiors
A long time landmark of downtown Cleveland, Old Stone Church is the oldest building on Public Square. An extensive effort was undertaken to return the building to its original configuration, including complete masonry restoration, reinstating the missing 19th-century steeple, restoring the sanctuary interior and stained glass windows, rehabilitating the chapel, and introducing new sound, lighting and life safety systems throughout. The $2.5 million restoration was completed in 1999.