Our Response to COVID-19
Updated: Apr 1
In response to the COVID-19 outbreak, Sandvick Architects has adopted the following plan of action in order to prioritize the safety of our teammates and partners:
1. The physical office is closed to the public. It is only open to our team when needed.
2. All teammates have been encouraged to work from home where possible.
3. We have eliminated in-person meetings and replaced them with conference calls.
4. We have increased safety protocols for when job-site visits are unavoidable. (see below)
We recognize that when a project is under construction, we have not only a contractual requirement, but a health/safety/welfare responsibility that cannot be neglected. Therefore unless the projects are legally stopped, we will sustain our critical role in construction administration, while also prioritizing the safety of our teammates and partners by:
1. Eliminating job visits when possible and replacing them with contractor videos to convey any project issues.
2. Maintaining safe social distances while on the job site.
3. Increased safety precautions, including wearing masks/gloves while on site.
As we all adapt to this new “normal” for now, our team has been doing an excellent job of handling the crisis at hand while continuing to maintain the upmost of quality work for which Sandvick Architects is known.
The overwhelming majority of our team have been working hard from the comfort and safety of their own homes. Here is a peek inside our new offices, as well as some new “co-workers” we now find ourselves with each day.
And for those who are still going into the office, not only are they maintaining social distancing by keeping at least 6-feet apart from each other – they are maintaining social distancing by keeping at least 6 DESKS apart from each other!
Stay safe, stay strong! We're in this together.
The Sandvick Team