The Truman Building, located on the south side of Euclid Avenue in the heart of downtown Cleveland, originally housed retail shops and offices. A trade journal of the day noted that when the Truman Building was first constructed in 1911, the structural design of the building provided for flat slab reinforced concrete construction with one of the largest spans in existence – 31 in. from column center to column center. However, the building was vacant for nearly a decade before restoration began. The building was so neglected that it had a tree growing from its roof and suffered from deterioration throughout the building. Now known as Ivory on Euclid, this 6-story building houses 29 luxury apartments, first floor retail and was completed in 2015.